- Cerezo, L. (co-director, projected defense, August 2010). Talking to Avatars ®: The computer as a tutor and the incidence of practice, feedback, uptake and linguistic form in SLA. Currently: Assistant Professor & Language Program Director, American University, Washington D C.
- Keeslin, E. (Linguistics Department, co-director, projected defense June 2011). On instruction , effects on perception and production and working memory.
- Lin, H-J. (2009). (Linguistics Department). The interaction among external and internal factors in L3 development: Type of Feedback, Prior Language Experience, Cognitive Capacity and Learning Strategies. Currently: Assistant Professor, English Department, Tamkang University, Taipei 251, Taiwan
- Mayer, K. (2008). The Acquisition of Late-Acquired Clitics in the Competion Model Framework. Currently: Senior Lecturer, Bryn Mawr
- Lado, B. (2008). The Role of Bilingualism, Type of Feedback, and Cognitive Capacity in the Acquisition of Non-primary Languages: A Computer-based Study. Currently: Assistant Professor & Language Perogram Director, University of San Diego
- Bowden, H.W. (2007). The role of experience in second language neurocognition. Awarded NIH National Research Service Award (NRSA) for Individual Pre-doctoral Fellows (Score 139, Percentile 3.2), 2003. Awarded NSF Research Grant for Improving Doctoral Dissertation Research . Currently: Assistant Professor, University of Tennessee
- Morgan, K. (2007). A Neurolinguistic Investigation of Second Language Acquisition: Explicit and Implicit Conditions. Awarded NIH National Research Service Award (NRSA) for Individual Pre-doctoral Fellows (Score 144, Percentile 6.7), 2003. Awarded NSF Research Grant for Improving Doctoral Dissertation Research. Graduate School Dissertation Grant ($20,000); Georgetown GSAS's Glassman Dissertation Awards; Currently: Assistant Professor & Director, Electrophysiological Lab, University of Illinois- Chicago
- Yanguas, I. (2007). Hispanic Heritage Speakers in College Spanish Programs : A Longitudinal Study of their Academic Motivation. Currently: Assistant Professor & Spanish Language Program Director, San Diego State University
- Stafford, C.A. (2005). Degrees of bilingualism, working memory and age of L2 acquisition: A computer-generated study of L3acquisition . Currently: Assistant Professor, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Greenslade, T. (2001). Effects of simplified input on comprehension, intake, and acquisition of Spanish word-order. Currently: Senior Lecturer and Language Program Director; Associate Dean, CAS, Indiana University-Bloomington
- Camps, J. (1997). Attention to form and meaning in second language acquisition: Object clitic pronouns in Spanish.
- Yunkyoung Kang (in progress, on a cognitive approach to Korean particles). Title TBA. (Linguistics Department).
- Anderson, Sheri (in progress, on study abroad). Title to be announced.
- Goo, K.C. (in progress, on interactive feedback and working memory capacity). Title TBA. (Linguistics Department)
- Teague, K.L. (in progress). Mandarin-English pitch: Downtrends, pitch range, and alignment of high and rising pitch contours (Linguistics Department)
- Keesling, Kimberly (in progress, on WM and phonological training in L2). Title TBA. (Linguistics Department)
- Thompson, Amy.(2008). The Multilingual/Bilingual dichotomy: An exploration of individual differences. Michigan State University.
- Gordon, L. (2008). Factors affecting L2 perception of Spanish vowels by English speakers.
- Medina, A. (2008). Concurrent Verbalization, Task Complexity, and Working Memory: Effects on L2 Learning in a Computerized Task
- Moreno, N. (2007). The effects of type of task and type of feedback on L2 development in CALL .
- Hsieh, Hui-Chen. (2007). Practice, feedback, awareness and L2 development through a computerized task
- Aquil, R. (2006). The segmenting/parsing unit in Cairene Arabic spoken language. (Linguistics Department)
- Camblor-Portilla. M. (2006). Type of written feedback, Awareness and L2 Development: A Computer-based Study
- Bowles, M. (2005). Effect of verbalization condition and type of feedback on L2 development in a CALL task
- Campos, M. (2003). Lexical Effects in Bilingual Sentence Processing. (Linguistics Department)
- Bigelow, M. (2000). Noticing in second language acquisition: The effects of combined focus on form techniques and task demands (Linguistics Department)
- Leeman, J. (2000). Recasts in L2 Spanish: An empirical study of negative evidence and enhanced salience
- Izumi, S. (1999). Output, noticing, and second language acquisition of grammatical form (Linguistics Department)
- Rosa , E. (1999). A cognitive approach to task-based research: Explicitness, awareness, and L2 development
- Choi, J. (1998). Languages in contact: a morphosyntactic analysis of Paraguayan Spanish from a historical and sociolinguistic perspective
- Jourdenais, R. (1998). The effects of textual enhancement on the acquisition of the Spanish preterit and imperfect (Linguistics Department)