There are few if any data sets available in a format ready for analysis. Susan Franck has done a lot of empirical research on investment treaty arbitration and has kindly suggested most of the following useful links:
· Andrew Newcombe maintains an up-to-date collection of publicly available awards and decisions of investment treaty arbitrations;
· Information about International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID) cases is available from the World Bank.
· The U.S. State Department maintains information about NAFTA investor-state disputes.
· The Stockholm Chamber of Commerce's International Arbitration Review maintains various useful information.
· UNCTAD maintains a nice-looking database of investor-trade disputes but there are some concerns about its completeness.
· An NGO, the International Institute for Sustainable Development maintains information and analyses of recent cases.
· Data on border disputes is available in this article by Todd Allee and Paul Huth.