· “How Properties Hold Together in Substances” in Essays in Philosophy of Chemistry, edited by Eric Scerri and Grant Fisher: Oxford: Oxford University Press, (2016) pages 199-233.
· “Pragmatism and the Philosophy of Chemistry” by Joseph E. Earley, Sr., in Philosophy of Chemistry: Growth of a New Discipline, Eric Scerri and Lee McIntyre, eds. (Boston Studies in the Philosophy and History of Science, volume 306), New York: Springer, 2015 (ISBN 978-94-017-936306), pages 73-90.
· ”An invitation to chemical process philosophy” in Epistemology of Chemistry: roots, methods and concepts, Cambridge Scholars Publishing: Newcastle-upon-Tyne (2013), edited by Jean-Pierre Llored, pages 529-539.
· “A neglected aspect of the puzzle of chemical structure: how history helps.” Foundations of Chemistry, 14(3), 235-244 (2012). DOI 10.007/s 19698-012-9146-0.
· Review of By Parallel Reasoning: The Construction and Evaluation of Analogical Arguments by Paul Bartha, Oxford: Oxford University Press, The Philosophical Review, 123(3), pp. 451-457, 2012.
· "How Philosophy of Mind Needs Philosophy of Chemistry." A paper read at the 2007 Summer Symposium of the International Society for the Philosophy of Chemistry in San Francisco, and published in: HYLE: International Journal for the Philosophy of Chemistry, Volume 14, No.1 (2008), pages 1-26. (see: http://www.hyle.org/journal/issues/14-1/earley.htm)
· "How Chemistry Shifts Horizons: Element, Substance, and the Essential” by Joseph E. Earley, Sr., Foundations of Chemistry, 11, 65-77, 2009.
· " Life in the Interstices: Systems Biology and Process Thought" by Joseph E. Earley, Sr, in Spyridonon Koutrofinis, ed, Biology and Process Philosophy, Frankfurt: Ontos Verlag, forthcoming.
· "Ontologically Significant Aggregation: Process Structural Realism (PSR)" by Joseph E. Earley, Sr in The Handbook of Whiteheadian Process Thought, Volume 2, 2008, Michel Weber and Will Desmond, eds, ed. Frankfurt: Ontos Verlag, pages 179-191.
· “Alchemy, Chymistry, and Process”, Hyle -International Journal for the Philosophy of Chemistry, 12(2) 241, 2006.
· "Process Structural Realism, Instance Ontology, and Societal Order", by Joseph E. Earley, Sr. in "Whitehead's Process Philosophy: System and Adventure in Interdisciplinary Research. Discovering New Pathways." Franz Riffert and Hans-Joachim Sander, eds Berlin: Alber, 2008, 190-211.
· “ Philosophical Influences on the Science of Ilya Prigogine"” by Joseph E. Earley, Sr. Foundations of Chemistry. 8, 271-283, 2006.
· "Ilya Prigogine (1917-2003)," in A. Woody and R. Hendry, eds, Handbook of the Philosophy of Chemistry and Pharmacology, Amsterdam, Elsevier, forthcoming.
· "Chemical ‘Substances’ that are not ‘Chemical Substances.’" by Joseph E. Earley, Sr, Philosophy of Science, 73 (5) 2006, 241-252.
· "Why there is No Salt in the Sea", Joseph E. Earley, Sr., Foundations of Chemistry, 7, (85-102) 2005.
· "Would Introductory Chemistry Courses Work Better with a New Philosophical Basis?" Joseph E. Earley, Sr. Foundations of Chemistry, 6: 137-160, 2004.
· “On the Relevance of Repetition, Recurrence, and Reiteration." Joseph E. Earley, Sr. Chemistry in the Philosophical Melting Pot, (Dia-Logos, volume 5) Danuta Sobczyńska, Pawel Kreidler, and Ewa Zielonaka-Lis, editors, Frankfurt am Main, Peter Lang Publishing Company, 2003, pp. 171-186.
· "Constraints on the Origin of Coherence in Far-from-equilibrium Chemical Systems" in Physics and Whitehead: Quantum, Process and Experience, edited by Timothy E. Eastman and Henry Keeton. Albany; State University of New York Press, Chapter 6, (pages 63-73), 2003.
· "Varieties of Properties: An Alternative Distinction among Qualities." Joseph E. Earley, Sr. Chemical Explanation: Characteristics, Development, Autonomy, Edited by Joseph E. Earley, Sr. Annals of the New York Academy of Science, 988, 80-89, 2003.
· "How Dynamic Aggregates May Achieve Effective Integration." Joseph E. Earley, Sr. Advances in Complex Systems, Vol 6., No. 1 (2003) 115-126."
"Report on the Sixth Summer Symposium of
the International Society for the Philosophy of Chemistry (ISPC), Georgetown
University, Washington, DC, USA,
· "Varieties of Chemical Closure." Joseph E. Earley, Sr. in Closure: Emergent Organizations and Their Dynamics, edited by Jerry L. R. Chandler and Gertrudis Van de Vijer, Volume 901, Pages 122-131, Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, 2000.
· "Naturalism, Theism, and the Origin of Life". Earley, Joseph E. Sr. Process Studies, 27:3-4, 1998, 267-279
Updated on June 16, 2017 by J. E. E.