TA: Alev Gurbuz
Kennedy School Case Studies: https://cb.hbsp.harvard.edu/cbmp/access/23762047
Readings (the password is my first name).
- Gramlich A Guide to Cost Benefit Analysis Chapter 8.
Circular A4 Primer.
Chay and Greenstone “Does Air Quality Matter” (2005).
- Robinson "How US Government Agencies Value Mortality Risk Reductions" (2007)
- Carson et al. "Contingent Valuation and Lost Passive Use: Damages from the Exxon Valdez Oil Spill" (2003)
- Levinson "Valuing Public Goods Using Happiness Data: The Case of Air Quality" (2012)
- Fullerton and Kinnaman
"Household Responses to Pricing Garbage by the Bag" American Economic Review (1996)
- Palmer and Walls "Optimal Policies for Solid Waste Disposal: Taxes, Subsidies, Standards" J. of Public Econ. (1997)
- Macauley and Walls "Solid Waste Reductiona and Resource Conservation" (2000)
- Krupnick "Costs of Alternative Policies for the Control of Nitrogen Dioxide in Baltimore" (1986)
- Oates, Portney, McGartland "The Net Benefits of Incentive-Based Regulation" (1989)
- Gamper-Rabindran "Did the EPA’s voluntary industrial toxics program reduce emissions?" (2006)
- Jacobsen and Kotchen "Are building codes effective at saving energy" (2013)
- Levinson, "California Energy Efficiency: Lessons for the Rest of the World, Or Not?" (2014)
- O'Brien, "Age, Autos, and the Value of a Statistical Life" (2014)
- Sallee, James, "Taxation of Fuel Economy" (2011)
- Anderson, et al., "Automobile Fuel Economy Standards: Impacts, Efficiency, and Alternatives" (2011)
- Fullerton and West, "Tax and Subsidy Combination for the Control of Car Pollution" (2010)
- United Church of Christ, "Toxic Wastes and Race at Twenty: 1987-2007" (2007)
- Wolverton, "Effects of Socio-Economic and Input-related Factors on Polluting Plants' Location Decisions" (2009)